There has been a shift in my mental reasoning in the past 48 hours. I am restless. I feel like there is too much to be done, too much to be accomplished in my lifetime and I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of it all. I am anxious to get started and anxious to see more, do more, hear more, find more, leave more behind, chase after more, be chased by more … The word of the season for me is MORE. I yearn to see the world the way my heavenly Father needs me to see it.
I heard a story yesterday about a mission group / church that connects with prostitutes, drug dealers, drug addicts, rape victims, and people who have had a rough run-in with life. They take them in, work with them, rehabilitate them, preach to them, give them a place to stay, feed them, heal their emotional and spiritual wounds, then they send them forth to speak of their testimony. I am so touched and challenged by this story that I have made up my mind to visit this amazing place where everyone has a story to tell and just hear from the hearts of those coming to be healed from their battle scars, and those coming to be healed as they touch the lives of others through their love. The Bible says that “They overcame by the blood of the lamb and the words of their testimony”. This chapter in Revelations (12) tells the story of the great epic battle between good and evil. Lucifer and his emissaries battle against Michael and the host of angels. Micheal and the angels defeat Satan and his minions and cast them out of heaven.
They defeated him through the blood of the Lamb
and the bold word of their witness.
They weren’t in love with themselves;
they were willing to die for Christ.
They were not afraid to die for Christ. They were willing to live in Him though they die for the cause. Too often, too many of us are not willing to live in Christ which in reality means dying to self and dying for the cause. THEY WEREN’T IN LOVE WITH THEMSELVES, THEY WERE WILLING TO DIE FOR CHRIST.
Today I found myself wondering if I really was / am willing to die for Christ. The question arose when I had the chance to minister more deeply to someone about the love of Christ but instead I chose to just pray for them. We talked a lot and about a lot of things over 30minutes. She’s a stranger to me and I to her and I may never get the chance to do that again. Then I prayed intensely for her even after the moment had passed. I’m not sure why I was so drawn to her but I was. I’m not sure what my testimony was to her but it was. When I got back to my room, Maggie was still on my mind and I didn’t know what more to do. Then I got a message from God [http://www.alldevotion.com/messages/364934371]
“Today we believe God wants us to know that …
prayer is not a ritualized mumbling of words but a song of thanksgiving or a dance of praise; it is anguished cries or pleas from a yearning heart.
If your prayer has no emotion, it has no power. God wants to know how you feel. God wants to hear what’s in your heart.”
And I thought OK, I have prayed for her and it really was from the bottom of my heart. But still I feel like there’s so much more that can / should be done … What now Lord?
Then I got another message from God [http://ft111.com/]
And THAT confirmed something inside of me. The Enemy has for millenia tried to convince us that nothing we do is good enough; dying to self is too hard; the battle is too intense; we’re not trying hard enough; we don’t mean what we say; we can’t really make a difference; there are people out there WALKING THE WALK while all we are doing is Talking the Talk.
Today I came to dispell the myth from Satan.
1. EVERYTHING YOU DO IN THE NAME OF THE GOSPEL AND IN THE LOVE OF CHRIST IS GOOD ENOUGH
2. DYING TO SELF MEANS PUTTING OTHER FIRST AND WE CAN DO THAT DAILY AND OVERCOME – THAT IS THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THAT WILL BE THE WORDS AND ACTIONS OF OUR TESTIMONY
3. THE BATTLE HAS ALWAYS BEEN INTENSE AND WILL ALWAYS BE INTENSE. NOTHING HAS CHANGED AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE. WE’RE ALREADY IN THE THICK OF IT SO JUST KEEP GOING!
4. SOMETIMES WE TRY TOO HARD IN SELF AND REFUSE TO GIVE OUR FATHER AND THE SON AND SPIRIT THE AUTHORITY TO TAKE CONTROL. THAT IS THE ONLY THING WE NEED TO DO. THE HOSTS OF HEAVENLY ANGELS ARE WAITING TO COME IN AND DEFEAT SATAN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN – IF ONLY WE WILL GIVE THEM THE MANDATE. UNDERSTAND THIS. GOD GAVE US DOMINION AND THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM [“Matthew 16:19 -The Message (MSG) – “And that’s not all. You will have complete and free access to God’s kingdom, keys to open any and every door: no more barriers between heaven and earth, earth and heaven. A yes on earth is yes in heaven. A no on earth is no in heaven.” – THIS MEANS THAT FOR THE SPIRITUAL HEAVENLY HOSTS TO COME DOWN TO EARTH AND BE EFFECTIVE, WE MUST GRANT THEM ACCESS – A VISA OF SORTS. THAT’S ALL IT TAKES!
5. EVERYTHING I DO MATTERS. EVEN THE SMALLEST MOST INSIGNIFICANT AND INFINITESIMAL LOOKING THING. LIKE A BLOG, IT MATTERS AND IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!
6. WHILE OTHERS OUT THERE ARE DOING WHAT THEY WERE CALLED AND COMMISSIONED AND ANOINTED AND ORDAINED TO DO, I SHOULD CELEBRATE THEM. BUT I MUST NEVER EVER EVER STOP DOING THAT WHICH I WAS CALLED AND COMMISSIONED AND ANOINTED AND ORDAINED TO DO!
Today, my beloved Petals, IMMA DO ME, and celebrate you as YOU DO YOU!
I’m going higher and nobody can stop me.
Won’t you come up and join me?
XOXO – From-A-Girl-About-Town … Determined to do her bit 🙂