There are several types of people you need to let go of and drop from your life.
- The Time Wasters : They take up a lot of your time and energy but really aren’t helping your agenda, and neither are you helping theirs. LET THEM GO.
- The Toxic Ones : They poison your environment, your dream, and even your other relationships, and there is no value added to you. LET THEM GO.
- The Dream Killers : They go day after day telling you that you will never make it and that your decisions are wrong and that your ideas are silly and who do you think you are anyway. LET THEM GO
- The Ghosts of the Past: They may have been a part of the assignment or the journey but that season has ended and you have come to a fork in the road. LET THEM GO
- The Guilt Trippers / Attention Seekers: They drain you emotionally as they guilt you into doing things that benefit them but take away from you. They are masters of manipulation and it’s always going to be about them and never about you. LET THEM GO
- The Town Criers : They spent ALL their time spreading your business around when you thought they were confidants. LET THEM GO!
- The Big Boss : They want to take over the agenda, and tell you what to do and how to do it – they always want to run the show (even if the show is not theirs) LET THEM GO
It’s not a bad thing to know when to say goodbye. It may be difficult and you must learn to do it with grace (remember, Grace Attracts Greatness) but it is absolutely detrimental to either your dream or the other person’s or both. So learn to love them but then leave them and wish them well.
Also remember, you don’t always need to have a conversation and draw a line in the sand. Sometimes you just need to be quiet, withdraw into your world and wait it out 🙂
And finally, it may be painful and it may be unpleasant but ultimately it is the kindest thing you can do for yourself.
Today, on Day 11 of our #31daysofwoohoo challenge, write down some of the people you need to let go of. Then decide which plan of action you’re going to take with each one. Then peacefully and blissfully walk into your future. Get busy pursuing purpose and see where it leads you and who comes along.
I am Beverly Chahonyo and I love you!